8 Weeks to Wellness
Time & Location
About The Event
An Adventure in Better Living
Health is the most valuable asset a person has. Unfortunately, many people don’t invest much in their health until a serious problem develops, such as a heart attack or cancer. By adopting a healthy lifestyle now, you can significantly reduce your risk for serious health problems, increase your energy level, and live longer.
What is Eight Weeks to Wellness™?
The Eight Weeks to Wellness™ program was developed to help people like you make positive lifestyle changes. Each week a dedicated coach will introduce you to a different aspect of health. these meetings will be on-line to comply with state mandated safety and social distancing guidelines. You can participate from the comfort of your own home. Your coach will assist you in setting your personal health goals. During the coming week, you are encouraged to try what you learned. This helps make lasting behavioral changes.
In eight weeks you’ll learn how to:
- Identify and develop a healthy lifestyle
- Become more physically active
- Choose meals low in saturated fat and cholesterol
- Protect your health by eating fiber-rich foods
- Achieve and maintain a healthy weight
- Enhance the mind-body connection
- Cope more effectively with stress
- Focus on prevention
Proven Health Principles
The health recommendations cited in the program are clinically proven and based on guidelines
developed by credible health organizations in the United States, including:
- The American Cancer Society
- The American Heart Association
- The National Institutes of Health
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture
- You’ll also hear some of the latest research on personal wellness, as published in:
- Journal of the American Medical Association
- New England Journal of Medicine
- American Journal of Health Promotion
- Journal of the National Cancer Institute
To get the most out of the program and to help you feel better than you have in years, you’ll
make a commitment to this eight-week adventure:
- Attend each weekly meeting
- Make health one of your top priorities
- Try the suggestions for healthier living each week
- Record your progress by filling out your Personal Wellness Log each day
Materials include a 32-page Eight Weeks to Wellness™ workbook with weekly lessons to review. With the workbook you’ll do more than just hear about good health principles—you’ll be encouraged to practice them. With the weekly Personal Wellness Log you can track your progress in seven different health goals over the eight weeks, giving you the feedback and encouragement to stay the course.
The workbook normally costs $10 but if you sign up before September 7, 2020 and are among the first 100 participants, you will receive the material for free.
Sponsored by Total Health Spokane
Total Health Spokane is a health initiative co-sponsored by John Torquato M.D. and Pastor Joe Reeves. Why would a physician and a pastor team up to offer health programs? While many physicians focus solely on physical or mental health, and many pastors focus solely on spiritual and social health, we believe truly “abundant living” is a combination of Physical, Mental/Emotional, Spiritual and Social aspects of health together. During the current Pandemic many people are unable to attend to aspects of their personal health and they are suffering and having difficulty as a result. Total Health Spokane is a way to support the community and help people thrive in their health despite the barriers created by the current pandemic.
We’re not selling anything!
We’re not selling anything at this program—not health food, not nutritional supplements, not exercise videos. You won’t hear a high-pressured sales pitch. You’ll get scientific and common-sense information that will improve your personal wellness and help you feel better.
We wish you the best in your personal health journey.
John Torquato, MD
Joe Reeves, MDiv